Nebraska Bee, Wasp & Hornet Control
Experienced Pest Removal Experts in Wyoming
If you have ever been stung by a wasp, bee, or hornet, you know how unpleasant the experience can be. While these insects are critical to have around for the natural world, since they are the most effective pollinators around for our crops and flower gardens, having an aggressive colony take over your backyard is not a pleasant experience. Let our professionals at Benzel Pest Control offer dedicated services for Nebraska bee, wasp, and hornet control so that you keep those you care about safe from painful encounters with these creatures.
Types of Bees, Hornets & Wasps in Nebraska
There are many kinds of bees, hornets, and wasps that are either native to Nebraska and Wyoming or tend to migrate around depending on the seasons. While some of these insects generally keep to themselves unless bothered, others will instantly become aggressive, especially if you happen to get near their nest by accident.
The stings or bites inflicted by these different species can cause agonizing pain and swelling, and can even lead to horrific allergic reactions. If you notice more than a couple of these insects flying around your home or business, reach out for immediate support from our dedicated crews.
Our knowledgeable experts can identify and then carefully remove all kinds of stinging species from your property, including ones like:
- Cow killers
- Bald-faced hornets
- Carpenter bees
- Horntail wasps
- Blue mud daubers
- Yellow and black mud daubers
- European hornets
- Western cicada killers
- Spider hawk wasps
- Agapostemon sweat bees
- Steel blue cricket hunters
How to Get Rid of Hornets
Hornets can be aggressive and their presence near homes or businesses can be a cause for concern. If you're dealing with a hornet problem in Nebraska or Wyoming, Benzel Pest Control is here to help. Our experienced professionals can safely and effectively remove hornets and provide long-term solutions to keep them from returning.
Here are some steps to consider when dealing with hornet infestations:
- Identify the Nest: The first step in hornet control is locating the nest. Hornets typically build their nests in protected areas, such as trees, shrubs, or even inside wall voids. Carefully observe the hornets' flight patterns to determine their entry and exit points, which can lead you to the nest.
- Approach with Caution: Hornets are known for their aggressive behavior when their nests are threatened. It's important to exercise extreme caution when dealing with hornets. Wear protective clothing, including long sleeves, pants, gloves, and a veil or beekeeping hat. Make sure to cover as much skin as possible to minimize the risk of stings.
- Use Non-Toxic Hornet Traps: One way to control hornet populations is by using non-toxic hornet traps. These traps are designed to attract hornets and capture them, reducing their numbers around your property. Place the traps away from high-traffic areas and regularly empty them to maintain their effectiveness.
- Seek Professional Assistance: If the hornet infestation is significant or the nest is in a hard-to-reach location, it's best to seek the help of professional pest control services. Our licensed technicians at Benzel Pest Control have the knowledge, experience, and protective equipment to safely eliminate hornet nests and provide effective control measures.
- Avoid Dangerous DIY Nest Removal: Attempting to remove a hornet nest on your own can be extremely dangerous. Disturbing the nest without proper equipment and expertise may lead to multiple hornet stings, which can be life-threatening for individuals who are allergic to their venom. It's crucial to leave nest removal to professionals who can assess the situation and employ appropriate strategies to eliminate the nest safely.
- Prevent Future Infestations: After removing the hornet nest, it's important to take preventive measures to avoid future infestations. Seal any cracks or openings in the exterior of your home or business to prevent hornets from accessing potential nesting sites. Regularly inspect and maintain your property to minimize attractive food sources, such as uncovered garbage or fallen fruit.
At Benzel Pest Control, we prioritize the safety and satisfaction of our customers. Our team is equipped with the necessary tools and expertise to handle hornet infestations efficiently and effectively. Contact us today to schedule an inspection or to learn more about our hornet control services in Nebraska and Wyoming.
Complete Care in Eliminating Your Pest Problem
Before we can start to remove wasps, hornets, or bees from your property, it is essential to find where these insects are nesting in the first place. Many homeowners are surprised to find that these intruders do not necessarily make a house in the corners beneath your roof or rafters.
Nests can easily be built in the corners of:
- Along gutters
- Beneath porches and steps
- In tree trunks
- Or right on the ground
We have even discovered colonies sheltering in empty mailboxes or beneath the hoods of abandoned cars. Once we have identified the primary source of the colony, we can diagnose the situation to provide the safest method of removing the nest and its inhabitants from your property.
“Always friendly, courteous and punctual!”Joe K.
“Professional be it spraying for bugs or long-term termite protection.”Sam D.
“I would highly recommend them to anyone!”Brandy O.
“Friendly- great customer service”Debbie W.
“Very pleasant to work and communicate with.”April V.
It is never a good idea to try to handle pest elimination on your own, but this is never more true than when it comes to insects like hornets, bees, or wasps. These kinds of stinging creatures may seem calm from far away, but just take a step too close to their nest or hive and you could be under attack. To avoid the painful consequences of trying to handle this problem on your own, always reach out to our experienced crew at Benzel Pest Control.
Pest Control Leaders with Over 45 Years of Experience
Third Generation Family Owned & Operated
Committed to Excellence and Outstanding Worksmanship